- Language Standards title after
- Anchor 1 Language Standards
- Anchor 2 Language Standards
- Anchor 3 Language Standards
- Anchor 4 Language Standards
- Anchor 5 Language Standards
- Anchor 6 Language Standards
- Reading Standards title after
- Anchor 1 Reading Standards
- Anchor 2 Reading Standards
- Anchor 3 Reading Standards
- Anchor 4 Reading Standards
- Anchor 5 Reading Standards
- Anchor 6 Reading Standards
- Anchor 7 Reading Standards
- Anchor 8 Reading Standards
- Anchor 9 Reading Standards
- Anchor 10 Reading Standards
- Anchor RF2 Reading Standards
- Anchor RF3 Reading Standards
- Anchor RF4 Reading Standards
- Speaking And Listening title after
- Anchor 1 Speaking And Listening
- Anchor 2 Speaking And Listening
- Anchor 3 Speaking And Listening
- Anchor 4 Speaking And Listening
- Anchor 5 Speaking And Listening
- Anchor 6 Speaking And Listening
- Writing Standards title after
- Anchor 1 Writing Standards
- Anchor 2 Writing Standards
- Anchor 3 Writing Standards
- Anchor 4 Writing Standards
- Anchor 5 Writing Standards
- Anchor 6 Writing Standards
- Anchor 7 Writing Standards
- Anchor 8 Writing Standards
- Anchor 9 Writing Standards
Reading Anchor Standard 1 Level E
Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text. (Apply this standard to texts of appropriate complexity as outlined by Standard 10.)
Leveled Standard C
Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.I/RL.9-10.1)
- Application: cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of primary and secondary sources, attending to such features as the date and origin of the information. (RH.9-10.1)
- Application: cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of science and technical texts, attending to the precise details of explanations or descriptions.(RST.9-10.1)
GED® Assessment Targets (RLA)
R.2.1 Comprehend explicit details and main ideas in text.
R.2.7 Make evidence based generalizations or hypotheses based on details in text, including clarifications, extensions, or applications of main ideas to new situations.
R.2.8 Draw conclusions or make generalizations that require synthesis of multiple main ideas in text.
R.3.4 Infer relationships between ideas in a text (e.g., an implicit cause and effect, parallel, or contrasting relationship).
R.3.5 Analyze the roles that details play in complex literary or informational texts.
R.8.2 Identify specific pieces of evidence an author uses in support of claims or conclusions.
R.8.3 Evaluate the relevance and sufficiency of evidence offered in support of a claim.
R.8.5 Assess whether the reasoning is valid; identify fallacious reasoning in an argument and evaluate its impact.