Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
Leveled Standard A
- Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
- Count, pronounce, blend, and segment syllables in spoken words.
- Blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words.
- Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes), including consonant blends.
- Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of individual sounds (phonemes).
- Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in spoken single-syllable words.
- Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words. (RF.K.2 and 1.2 merge)